Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wool



I've never worked with wool before and I received a custom order that specifically wanted wool batting. No problem.


Uh, yeah right.


Though it was as soft and fluffy as can be and I was excited to see how it would turn out. I was thinking maybe I could add wool to my product line.


Think again.


This stuff gave me such a time. It was hard to unfold, as it kept falling apart, so delicate it was. it was hard to cut, some parts were thick while others thin. It is now everywhere, all over the studio, wool dusties everywhere. I've found it going down the hall, in the living room.


Then, I stitched it all up and WOW. It made for one very puffy quilt, with quite a unique look to it. I really like it.


It's in the wash now, I'm anxious to see the very end result. Pictures to follow.


Will I do it again? Unsure.

No comments:

Post a Comment